Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer Reading #20

Somebody I Used to Know by David Bell

I liked the title when I saw it at the bookstore on my 39th birthday the other day. I flipped it over, read the blurb, and knew this was going to be my next read. It's lived up to my expectations.

It starts out with Nick at the grocery store. He sees a beautiful redhead who has all the mannerisms of his ex-girlfriend. His ex-girlfriend who died in a house fire twenty years ago. He tries to talk to the girl to see if she is in any way related to the family of his ex, but she bolts. Later, Nick gets a visit from the police because the grocery store girl was found dead with his address in her pocket. That all happens in the first twenty pages, and I really thought I had the whole thing figured out. I was about half right.

The death of this girl brings Nick back to the love he lost in a fire, and he finds himself searching for the girl's killer. He learns some truths from the past, but it doesn't necessarily help.

This was an edge of your seat, I had to make myself stop reading at 2am so I could get some sleep type of book. I loved the suspense, and didn't want it to end. I will definitely be checking out some og this guy's other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment